Top 5,000 active records in the file representing over $60 trillion (USD) of revenue and 158 million employees. This select group of companies represent approximately 70% of the WorldWide GDP. The revenue per employee for these top companies in the world is over $397,000.
The top 10 companies (by revenue) in the world are:
- Wal-Mart Stores
- China National Petroleum
- Royal Dutch Shell
- State Grid (China)
- Saudi Aramco
- BP plc
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
- Toyota Motor Corporation
Our Top 5000 companies saw revenue growth in:
- 2007 of 13.1% followed by 7.3% in 2008 and then a reduction in 2009 of 8.9% as the recession hit
- In 2010 total revenue grew again by 11.8% and then by 12.7% in 2011 as the economy recovered.
- In 2012 results show a slowing growth picture of only 3% followed by 2013 growing at 1.9% and then 1.2% in 2014.
- 2015 turned negative with revenue falling – 9.7% as oil took a big hit.
- 2016 results show revenue flat at only 0.4% growth than 2017 surged ahead by 8.1%
- 2018 finished up at 7.4% growth